Calvary Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor who will humbly lead and shepherd our church body into an intimate, loving relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Calvary’s pastor will consistently deliver a biblically-based message with application that will challenge our congregation toward spiritual growth. He will possess strong interpersonal skills, will be able to relate to all age groups, and will equip the staff and leadership team for ministry.
- Seminary Master’s Degree
- Five or more years of experience in pastoral ministry, preferably in roles that involved preaching and supervision of multiple staff members
- Ordained with a ministerial license (recognized by Converge)
- Must meet requirements set forth for Elders in I Timothy and Titus.
- Must agree with Calvary’s Affirmation of Faith and Constitution
- Must pass a background check.
- Must become a member of Calvary.
- Must have a heart for the Lompoc community.
- Must be capable of developing leaders.
- Must be an effective leader/ delegator/ equipper.
- Be committed to the vision, mission, affirmation of faith and ministry at Calvary.
- Plan and conduct worship services, prepare and deliver sermons, and lead in observance of the church ordinances.
- Lead the church in effective evangelism.
- Lead the church in ministry that cares for both those in the church and those in the community.
- Seek God’s direction and develop his vision in a way that maximizes the gifts and resources available within the church body.
- Encourage, develop and equip leaders for ministry within the church and the local community.
- Provide personal, premarital, marital, crisis and conflict resolution counseling in a safe and confidential setting, while being aware of his limitations.
- Supervise and evaluate staff, while maintaining ongoing communication with Elders.